Yarn: Tanis Fiber Art Yellow Label
Colours: Lemongrass and Cobalt
Needles: 3.5mm and 4mm Round Needles
Start of project: March 11, 2015
End of project: March 25, 2015
After exactly two weeks I finished Antonia's Moses Hoodie yesterday. I went zip shopping in the afternoon and managed to sew it in in the evening. It went better than I expected, it wasn't that scary at all, thanks to Purl Bee. I am not a big fan of sewing but I did it slowly and the fabric of the hoodie stayed nicely flat (it was definitely a good thing I blocked it before the zip).
I also managed to do everything else that was on my to-do and to-learn list.
- The sweater turned out the right size. It is rather fitted but that's what Antonia wanted. The sleeves are actually slightly too long after the blocking, but she can fold them over and when her arms get even longer it will still fit.
- The pockets came together ok. I am glad I attached the side of the pocket together with the side of hoodie and the i-cord, that looks quite neat. I found it difficult to decide on the right cast off for the pocket ribbing but after the second try that I frogged I used the Sewn Cast-Off and liked the result.
- I gave up on the Fair Isle pattern. It was too complicated and it looked really messy. I am not so sure about the pattern as it is now and I think the hoodie could have used more Cobalt.
- I used Tanis' way of the i-Cord and I am very happy with it. I found it much easier to pick up the stitches in the first row and only knit the i-Cord in the third row.