Monday 31 August 2015

30 days of Mindful Yoga


It's been a while (far too long actually) since I did some regular yoga. I started ok in the beginning of July but then it got super hot and we went on our road trip and the excuses gained more power every day. I had two highlights in Canada, when I went to a proper yoga studio for the first time. I very much enjoyed the lessons there and I think I learnt so much from just being together with other people practising yoga and being corrected. I am thinking about starting to do this back home as well, there actually is a yoga studio close by but it's hard to find a regular time and so far it's still been far too hot.

But just now Candace posted a new yoga challenge for September, the temperatures are going to drop tomorrow (and this time it might really be the end of this intense heat -  we had 39 degrees on the balcony yesterday) and I talked a lot about yoga and pilates all over the weekend so the timing is perfect.

I also love mindfulness but have been neglecting it for a while - so again - perfect fit.

There were no poses to choose from so I chose my own, I am going to do Lower Back Stretch, which will be excellent for my back muscles and my spondylolisthesis.

Antonia already took a photo of me in that pose and I hope I'll be able to relax further down after a month. We will see, fingers crossed that I will stick with my practice ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I love yoga! I try to do it 15 minutes every morning - the best way to start the day. Awhile ago I bought a book "Yoga Sequencing" by Mark Stephens. If you already know the basics and theory behind the techniques this is a great way to go further! It provides dozens of sequences for different purposes, amount of time and level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into that book.I've mostly been following yoga programmes online but a book might be very helpful too.

      Delete
  2. that is so great that you got into yoga again! I find that I pick up and drop yoga in fits and starts, but it feels oh so good whenever i start up again. I prefer pilates for results, but I yoga has that mindfulness that you speak of that is hard to get out of other forms of exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been all that successful so far. I've been really busy with the new school year so there wasn't enough time for yoga. But I went to pilates last week and I will go again tomorrow and over the weekend I will go hiking, so at least I am still moving...

      Delete