Saturday 10 December 2016

Finished Object: Gryffindor Socks

Pattern: Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder
Yarn: Biscotte & Cie Bis-Socks
Colours: Sorcerer's Uniform, Bouclier
Needles: 2 mm Round Needles
Start of project: October 30th, 2016
End of project: December 9th, 2016

On Ravelry

I knit these socks almost totally away from my own house. I've started knitting more often at school - often just for a few minutes during each break, I took them to a few Knit'n'Sips, I took them to the yoga retreat in Germany and I brought them along when I taught a friend of mine how to knit.

The yarn I used is actually left over yarn from another project, for Dan's Playdate. I knew there would be too much yarn when I ordered it and I knew I would get a pair of socks for myself for free. There is actually still more than 100gr of the two colours left, so I might even knit a second pair later.

I used the Hermione's Everyday Socks pattern again because I like it and because what could work better with a Gryffindor colourway. I wanted a contrasting colour for the cuffs, the heels and the toes, I think that looks so lovely and neat.



I am happy that now there is a new pair of socks waiting for me in my sock drawer ;-)

2 comments: