1. What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
I am not sure I was very adventurous or that I learnt something totally from scratch last year. Maybe I could count going on a ferry by car in Canada (I was so scared but it was the best way to travel) or having my own class (I used to do that before but never while I had my own kids). Maybe I can remember more before I get to the end of this post ;-)
I only wrote in my moleskines while we were on holiday (which is a compromise I can live with well). On the good side I am glad that I wrote many entries here on my blog. I gave my best to enjoy the moments, though I didn't always succeed. For next year I'd like to find a good balance between my job and the rest of my live, I want to pay attention to old and new friends and I want to spend important moments with Yannick and Antonia.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep, lots of babies were born, which gave me the opportunity to knit small baby stuff ;-) Welcome Dan, Isabelle, Marlene, Yasha and Elif.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
In July and August we flew to Vancouver. We spent 9 days on Vancouver Island and then drove back to Vancouver along the Sunshine Coast. Vancouver Island was just as beautiful as I imagined and I am so glad that we did that road trip together.
In October Yannick and I went to the UK. We stayed in London for two nights and then we changed to Brighton. I enjoyed the Harry Potter Fim Studios and everything about being next to the sea.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
I could write the same as last year - more adults to talk to. I am good at work and I can always find somebody to go out to dance or for a coffee at home, but in my everyday life I'd love to have a person to talk to regularly.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
3rd of January: Taking the photos of my dad's wooden statues.
14th to 21st of February: Skiing holidays in Tschiertschen. I just love that place!
2nd of May: An afternoon with my cousins at the gym.
2nd of July: Swimming in the Türlersee.
14th of July: Swimming in the Rhine with my parents.
5th of July: Sleeping on the balcony to escape the heat.
13th of September: A hiking weekend in Tschiertschen.
And there were many more good moments, when we had fun, when it felt just right.
That I started my new job the way I had been dreaming about for the last few years. It has been very intense and right before christmas I was very tired, but I gave it all I had.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't find a healthy balance, I used up too much of my energy and this made the people I love suffer. I am also rather ashamed that I lost it too often with Yannick and Antonia. I wished I could find a way back with my mom, recently it's been akward whenever we meet.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a really good year. My back rarely ever hurt and I am pretty sure it's stronger than ever thanks to Kieser Training and yoga (I haven't always been good doing it, but at least I always made an effort during the holidays) I am kind of scared that something might happen, but it's just a weird feeling I've been having.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I got a new computer and an iPhone 6S which I both love. Otherwise I didn't buy anything big, but I tried to be generous with myself.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Yannick and Antonia because they took over so many responsibilities when I had to work late. Sometimes I forget this and get angry when I think they are being lazy or difficult.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Mostly my own, especially during the last couple of weeks. I have to concentrate on not being so negative again!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travelling was expensive but the memories are soo worth it. I bought a lot of yarn, but on the other hand I almost didn't buy any other clothes at all.
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Arriving at Tofino and seeing the beach which was responsible for my travel plans live up to my dreams.
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
All that music we listened to while on the road. Next time we need a proper song list ;-)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Probably about the same. As always these days around christmas are hard for me. But it will get better again.
b) thinner or fatter? Slightly fatter. Not heavier but wobblier.
c) richer or poorer? A bit richer, which will mean more taxes later I guess.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I did what I could. I wished I could have been happier, but that's not easy to achieve.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Shouted at others.
20. How did you be spend Christmas?
Pretty much the same as the year before. With my cousin on the 16th, with my other cousins and family on the 19th, with my family on the 24th and with Andreas' family on the 25th. Too much food and alcohol for me.
21. What was your favourite month of 2014?
July and August.
22. Did you fall in love in 2014?
For about 5 minutes.
23. How many one-night stands?
It wasn't just one night but not a lot more.
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
A lot of old friends that I still liked...
Downton Abbey (just watched the finale today ;-(
Empire (good music and I love their clothes)
Grandfathered (John Stamos ;-)
Jane the Virgin (perfect Telenovela)
The Grinder (Rob Lowe ;-)
and many others...
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
"What Alice forgot" by Lisa Genova.
The Lunar Cronicles with "Cinder", "Scarlet", "Cress" and "Winter" which were just the perfect read over christmas, I just couldn't put them down and had to finish them before I could do anything else, even though I only bought the first one for my English student ;-)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I started listening to apple music ;-)
28. What did you want and get?
I got my own class, just when I had given up. (Which was my answer for #29 last year, wow!)
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The one that touched me most might have been Amateur Teens, but I haven't been to the cinema a lot.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 44 years old and I am so proud of myself that I invited everybody to my place for raclette and drinks.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't know.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Wooly stuff. There were days when I wore 5 different handknit items.
34. What kept you sane?
The same as last year: My kids, talking with friends, going away on holidays, knitting.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Nobody really but Alicia Florrick always gets the bestest man candy ;-)
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The refugees that have been arriving in Europa and the terrorist attacks in Paris. They make me afraid of the future. The world seems to be a rather shaky place at the moment.
37. Who did you miss?
Old ghosts are hard to kill.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I was happy with my old friends.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
I wished I had one.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Sadly I have to leave this one empty.