Sunday 3 July 2016

Finished Object: Simply Skyp Socks

Pattern: Simple Skyp Socks by Adrienne Ku
Yarn: Wunderwolle Sockenwolle
Colour: Fantasieland 
Needles: 2.75mm and 2mm Round Needles
Start of project: June 4th, 2016
End of project: July 3rd, 2016

On Ravelry
 
I started these socks before we went to our school camp. I wanted something to work on but not my Bounce blanket, because that was too big already. I knew I had this one skein of sock yarn that I had bought at the Stitching Retreat at the end of April. 
 
I decided to do another pair of Simple Skyp socks, it's an easy pattern with a bit of variety.
 
 

After the school camp I went back to my blanket and only continued with my socks when I was out and about. I took them to the pool, to the lake, to school and to my grandmother's, so they grew slowly. I almost finished them during the football game between Italy and Germany last night, but then I got too tired to concentrate and I finished the last rows today. 
 
 
As usual I should have knit a bit more of leg, I always think it's long enough and then once I try them on I realise that I could have gone on for another inch. I guess I am just too impatient for the heel to start. I did my first partridge heel and I really love the way it looks, I think that's going to be my new go to heel.
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the outcome. Really colourful! Gorgeous.
    I prefer to knit the socks toe up. Then you can adjust the length of the leg as you go (by trying them on).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually prefer cuff down, because then I know exactly when to start my toes. I guess I should finally measure how long I want the leg to be instead of just deciding that it should be long enough ;-)

      Delete
  2. Fun, colorful and fabulous! Just like all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bit on the wild side, but they'll be mostly hidden under my jeans and a bit of colour when it's cold outside is always a good thing.

      Delete