Saturday 10 December 2016

Finished Object: R&R Hoodie

Pattern: R&R Hoodie by Tanis Lavallee
Yarn: Tanis Fibre Arts Green Label
Colours: Tartan, Lemongrass
Needles: 4mm and 4.5mm Round Needles
Start of project: October 29th, 2016
End of project: December 4th, 2016

On Ravelry

I didn't finish anything in October and there were no blog entries in November. November was a weird month for me, the light was waning, a close friend got bad medical news, school was intense, but there were also good moments such as watching live football with my students, a yoga workshop and a yoga weekend retreat in Germany and other small stuff. I didn't stop knitting but I needed the little time I had to recover (sleeping and yoga) more often than not, so progress was slow. Nevertheless I have now three FOs almost at the same time and my second R&R Hoodie is the one I started first (here is the first one I knit).


I knit it for my neighbours son, a very cute little boy who loves to be outside and roll around in the dirt (he doesn't quite walk yet) I think the colour Tartan is going to be very forgiving with a bid of mud. Yasha already tried it on while it was on the needles and I think he was quite taken by it because he didn't want to take it off anymore even though it wasn't even finished then (he doesn't talk yet either so it's all guessing ;-).


It took me a while to come up with the perfect solution for the iCord lining. Even though I like the Tartan I hadn't expected it to be quite so dark so I knew I wanted a contrasty colour. Then I rememberd the Lemongrass I still had left over from Antonia's hoodie. I had to hold it double because it's only DK.  I think it works really well together, which is why I added some double stitching
along the little pockets. Finding a good zipper was another challenge, but I am glad I went with red.


The hoodie is still rather on the big side for Yasha, so he will be able to wear it for a while. I am looking forward to seeing him run around in it.

2 comments:

  1. This hoodie is adorable! I love the contrast i-cord and zipper colours. Tartan is a perpetual favourite of mine, jazzing it up with Lemongrass was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanis, I really love this pattern. I wasn't sure about the Lemongrass at first but now I think it's perfect.

      Delete