Monday 24 November 2014

Finished Object: Tweed hoch drei

Pattern: Tweed hoch drei from  Coole Loops
Yarns:  Lang Yarn Merino 120, Lang Yarn Merino +, Lang Yarn Merino 70
Colour: grey mélange and fuchsia
Needles: 4mm, 5mm and 6mm round needles
Start of project: November 16, 2014
End of project: November 21, 2014

On Ravelry

Antonia chose this loop from the book Coole Loops. The same pattern is knit with three different yarns which are each knit with a different needle size. This made for a rather small tube in the first colour and then it spreads out slowly into a trapeze.

When we ordered the yarn, we were looking for a light grey and a dark grey but we ended up with these two very identical greys. (yarn names can be so confusing!) I still think it would have looked better with two different colours...

It was an easy pattern to remember, with only one stitch that was new to me, "knit a twist to the right", which gives an effect similar to a cable stitch.

I found the pattern quite intense for my hands to knit, I had to take a break quite frequently because of the force I had to use to get the twists done.

Even though I am not totally convinced of the way it looks, Antonia seems to like it and has been wearing it ever since she got it, which is really what matters ;-)



4 comments:

  1. What is not to love about the look of this beautiful cowl? It is stunning and looks perfect on Antonia. The fact that your model is gorgeous doesn't hurt either. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a bit bland for my taste, but then I've been spoiled by all those Madelinetosh yarns. But you are right, with the right model it's fine ;-9

      Delete
  2. I love the way the cowl turned out and what a pretty model :) I get sore hands when the stitches have to be manipulated a lot as well, not fun, but the end result is always worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, sometimes knitting is really hard on the hands. I just knit myself a blister tonight...

      Delete