Saturday 24 October 2015

Finished object: iPhone sweater

Pattern: Phone Sweater by Pat Olski
Yarn: Madelinetosh Pashmina Worsted
Colour: Vintage Sari
Needles: 3.75mm Round Needles
Start of project: October 24th , 2015
End of project: October 24th, 2015

On Ravelry

School started again a week ago and it feels like all my time gets sucked up in a time warp. For that reason I haven't been knitting a lot and I didn't have anything to write about (I would have been too tired anyway most evenings). I did actually knit some but both projects are still on the needles.

#1 the Hitchcock I am knitting for my ex-husband, because I ran out of yarn and had to order another skein, which will probably create even more uneven colour changes (I'll write more about it once it's done, but it doesn't feel like that one is going to look really good)

# my Industry shawl, which has been growing but only slowly.

But today I really felt like starting something new. I got a new iPhone two days ago, which makes me now the proud owner of the newest iPhone of the family (before I had the oldest ;-). I chose to go with pink (actually rosé-gold), because I used to have a really cool mobile that was totally pink. This one is called Barbie 2.0 (only pink phones have a name...) Anyway I don't like protective cases and always carry my phone around either in my jeans or loosely in my bag without anything.


So I decided that at least for my bag some protection might be nice. I looked around ravelry and liked the Phone Sweater pattern from vogueknitting.com best. I used some of my left over Vintage Sari (from my Bradway Shawl). The whole cosy took about 3 hours from cast on to cleaning away of the last yarn and I used only 20g of it.


Now my iPhone might be the best dressed in the family ;-)

4 comments: