Yarn: Madelinetosh Socks, Malabrigo Socks
Colours: Smokestack, Silverfox, Tart and Fresco Y Seco
Needles: 2.75mm round needles
Start of project: February 1st, 2015
End of project: February 13th, 2016
I used up a bit more of my leftover yarn, 228 meters to be exact. I didn't have enough yarn for a pair of socks in one colour so I decided to mix it up a bit: Cuff and toes in Fresco Y seco, the legs in Silverfox, the heel in Tart and the feet in Smokestack. I had fun combining the yarn and I think they look cute, though probably not very business like.
I worked on them yesterday on the train, where I made progress and then I kind of finished them during my first knitnight at Strickcafé. Unfortunately it seems I wasn't able to concentrate enough, when I took some photos today I realised that I'd missed half a pattern repeat on my second sock - ups...
It didn't take long to frog the green toes and a bit of the grey and soon I was back on track and now they are all similar and ready to be worn. And because I was so good at using up old yarn I treated myself to two new skeins - well it's kind of hard to be in a yarn store and not to buy anything.
I got two skeins of Malabrigo Worsted in Marine and Apple Green for a pair of Wanderers which I already cast on, frogged again on the train back because I decided to change the MC and CC colours and cast on again before I was home shortly before midnight.