Wednesday 29 April 2015

Finished Object: R&R Hoodie

Pattern: R&R Hoodie by Tanis Lavallée
Yarn: Tanis Fiber Art Green Label
Colours: Lucky Penny
Needles: 4mm and 4.5 mm Round Needle
Start of project: March 30, 2015
End of project: April 3, 2015

On Ravelry

About a year ago, I fell in love with this hoodie. Then I'd only knit wrist warmers and couldn't imagine ever knitting anything like this. I also fell in love with Tanis Lavallee's patterns and her yarns.

Slowly my knitting got better. I brazenly knit my first I heart Cardigan,  then a Trench Hat, a School Boy Vest with a Frosted Alpine Hat, a pair of Business Casual Socks, another Baby Set, a few Love You Forever and a pair of Adelia Mitts. Then I started ordering her yarn too, knit another I heart Cardigan, Antonia's Moses Hoodie (with Amy Christoffers' pattern) and now I've come full circle and knit the first thing that got me on Tanis' homepage: an R&R Hoodie in Lucky Penny.

Wow, when I look at this list, I realise that I am indeed infatuated ;-)


Anyway, I am so happy with how this turned out and I can't wait to give it to the baby that isn't born yet, which is why I have to wait posting this for a little while longer... (ETA: the baby was finally born on 26th of April. I saw him quickly at the hospital today. He is supercute and I am so glad he is going to wear this ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Your English is ridiculously good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as in it makes you laugh out loud? ;-)

      Well thank you! I love English and I read more books written in English than in German. My passive vocabulary has grown a lot from watching so many English and American TV series and all of my online social life is in English. I only wished I could speak it more often in real life, that was one of the things I loved when I went to zfdrinks regularly.

      Delete