Wednesday 27 December 2017

Finished Objects: Ball's up

Pattern: Ball's Up by General Hogbuffer
Yarn: different fingering weight left overs
Colour: lots
Needles: 2.5mm Round Needles
Start of project: November 22nd, 2017
End of project: December 12th, 2017

On Ravelry

When I heard that we were going to do a special Christmas knitting event at our knitting group at the Schopf, I knew I wanted to do more of these beautiful christmas balls. I ordered styropor balls in three sizes (they didn't have the 7cm anywhere, so I tried the 6cm and the 8cm - in the end I had all three sizes). The knitting event was a great success even though not everybody ended up doing christmas balls.


I knit a test version for each size and came up with the following numbers:
  • 6cm balls = 18cm = 56 stitches = 35 rows (12-12-11)
  • 7cm balls = 21.5cm = 64 stitches = 41 rows (14-14-13)
  • 8cm balls = 25cm = 72 stitches = 47 rows (16-16-15)

I think all of them look nice and I will probably knit more because I still have lots of styropor balls left. The knitting event was a great success even though not everybody ended up doing christmas balls.

I gave a few of my balls away already so they need to be replaced and it's really a lot of fun to play with a plain pattern sheet and fill in any pattern that fits...



All the finished ones are currently hanging on our christmas tree and I think they look lovely ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment