Wednesday 27 December 2017

My books 2017

Last year I read 69 books, in 2015 I read 73 books, in 2014 I read 69 books and this year I read 60 books. The reading year started well and kept in flow till around October, then it was slow during the last three months. I finished my reading challenge early but then I got stuck on a few books that didn't really pull me in, so I only read occassionally. I am currently still in the middle of three books (which aren't counted).

My statistic is almost the same as last year -  mostly English books, a few rereads and I almost exclusively read on my iPad.


My favourites of 2017:

Left Neglected by Lisa Genova (a reread)
The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel
The Madwoman Upstairs by Catherine Lowell
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Girls in Translation by Jean Kwok (also a reread)
The Things about Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
The Other Hand by Chris Cleave
The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! I finally got my Kindle and enjoying some Soviet Union classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having my books with me at all times and being able to get a new one even in the middle of the night. It also makes a bit for more superficial reading though, I have to admit that I had to rely on my goodreads list to find out my favourite reads from 2018. Some of them I still remember but others have left my mind already which feels a bit sad...

      Delete