Wednesday 29 April 2015

Finished Object: Savannah Chaps - Zebra

Pattern: Savannah Chaps by Barbara Prime
Yarn: Tanis Fiber Art Green Label
Colours: Lucky Penny and Sand
Needles: 4mm DPS
Start of project: April 3, 2015
End of project: April 5, 2015

On Ravelry

I fell in love with this zebra when I saw one on Julie's Blog Knitted Bliss. I added it to my long queue list without a plan for when to knit it.

Then I had quite a bit of leftover from my R&R Hoodie and even though the yarn is not really a gradient yarn, I thought it was varied enough for the darker stripes. And I was totally right, I love the subtle colour changes.

This little toy is done very quickly. You knit all the parts seperately and in the flat and then you sew it, stuff it and join it all together.

I was a bit apprehensive about the face, I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but it wasn't too difficult. I love the intense black eyes and the mouth looks friendly. The mane took quite a while, but it was worth it, now it has this 80s style hair, kind of like my own ;-)

I will share this on "Auf den Nadeln im April

No comments:

Post a Comment