Mini Pookies by Barbara Prime
Yarn: different fingering weight leftovers
Colours: red, green and blue
Needles: 2.5 mm DPS
Start of project: May 11, 2015
End of project: May 25, 2015
Before starting something longer again, I wanted to finish my family of mini pookies. I knit the little fox (red body) for myself a couple of weeks ago, then I knit a little sheep (green body) for Yannick last week and today I knit the polar bear (blue body) for Antonia. I think all of them are cute but my favourite is probably the little bear.
What I learnt from knitting them:
- even though having to sew them together in the end, knitting flat is worth it
- smaller eyes are better, the eyes of the fox are too big and too prominent
- red eyes do look spooky (they weren't my choice ;-)
- embroidering the faces is tricky, every milimeter counts
- the ears are the most important feature, they make them look so much better.