Wednesday 28 January 2015

Finished Object: Take Heart

Pattern: Take Heart by Fiona Alice
Yarn: Lang Yarns Merino 70 Luxe
Colour: Navy (025)
Needles: 6mm DPS needles
Start of project: January 23, 2015
End of project: January 28, 2015

On Ravelry

This pattern by Fiona Alice appeared in a PomPom Magazine (PomPom Quarterly Issue 7, Winter 2013). I heard about it in a PomPom podcast and put it on my queue on Ravelry. I found it hard to decide what yarn to use, until I did a swatch with some leftover Merino 70 which looked nice and was just right for the pattern. I ordered this navy coloured yarn, thinking the little sparkly bits were actually thin white yarn. At first I wasn't too sure if I would ever wear this kind of yarn, but I decided to just try it.




I had to go backwards and forwards quite a bit. The 7mm needles I used for the cable pattern seemed too loose, then I knit all the way to the end of the pattern only to realise that the hat was far too short for my head. I frogged back again, knit a few mistakes without noticing, frogged back a third and ended up knitting the 10 row cable pattern three times instead of twice. Now I like the fit and after having added a little pompom I wore it all afternoon. I like the fit of this hat, finally a hat that is tight enough to be warm on my bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment