Saturday 13 June 2015

Currently knitting: Memory Blanket

Pattern: Knitted Patchwork Recipe by Martine Ellis
Yarn: lots of leftovers
Colours: everything but baby pink so far
Needles: 4 mm DPS
Start of project: April 6, 2015

On Ravelry

A while ago, in the beginning of April, I started a new blanket. I had lots of small leftovers, most of them in either Fingering or DK weight. So I decided to start my own Memory Blanket with them. I either use a single strand of DK or I use a double held strand of Fingering. The squares don't all have the exact same measurements but I hope it won't look too wonky in the end.

I really love knitting these little squares in between other stuff, they are so very simple. You start with 2 times 16 stitches and they use about 5gr of yarn each. Right now I used all my yarn at least once so I'll guess I'll start repeating or hoping for new leftovers ;-)

I have no idea how big I want this, I'll just keep knitting until it feels right.

4 comments:

  1. This will be a truly memory blanket! Pieces of so many projects will be interwoven into it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I love sentimental stuff like that. It will be lovely to use it when it's cold and to remember all the things I made from those yarns ...

      Delete
  2. Your blanket is fantastic. Love all the beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete