Sunday 21 June 2015

Getting closer to Vancouver Island

In a month we will on Vancouver Island!!! When we started planning this in October, it all seemed so far away but now it's really just around the corner...

We will have managed the flight connection with the rather short stopover in Reykjavik, we will have picked up our car at Vancouver Airport without problems with the handbreak or the navi, we will have caught up sleep during our first night on the mainland and we will have boarded the ferry to Nanaimo. These steps are all things that are in my thoughts more and more often now that the departure date is getting closer. I am a bit nervous that one or tow of these steps will prove to be a problem, but I really hope we will find a solution if it's necessary.

We will stay in Vancouver, in Port Alberni, in Tofino, in Courtenay, in Madeira Park and then in Vancouver again. I am so looking forward to the ocean, the wilderness, the colours, the food, the people, the knitting and spending lots of time with my kids.

I want to write about our adventures on my blog but I'll probably not do so while we are away, because I don't want to take my MacBook with me and I want to really enjoy the holidays and not stress about processing photos and writing texts. I can do that once we are back, so stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Have the best time, Corinne! Glad to hear that you are not going to be taking your Mac with you. Enjoy your stress-free time. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take my paper journal because I love writing down stuff but a bit of a break of the internet (which won't be very strict with my phone and iPad anyway) is always good.

      Delete