Tuesday 11 November 2014

Currently knitting: Ravello

Pattern: Ravello by Isabell Kraemer
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Sock
Colours: MC Silverfox, CC1 Tart, CC2 Smokestack
Needles: 3.5 mm DPS/ round needle, 3mm DPS
Start of project: November 10, 2014

On Ravelry

This sweater was love at first sight. I saw it and I knew I wanted to knit it. I wasn't so sure about getting the original yarn from Denmark, so I chose Madelinetosh Tosh Sock instead. I really like that yarn and Strickcafé had just the three colours I wanted. When I got the yarn I realised that the difference between the lighter Silverfox and the darker Smokestack was less pronounced than what I thought it would be, but I decided to go with it anyway. 

It took me a quite a few days to get started with it. As with most of my bigger projects I seem to need time to get into the mood, to find the courage to actually cast on. Finally it felt right so I did a gauge swatch. I was suprised how close I came which I took as a good sign. I am going to knit a size S, I think that should fit me. The sweater is knit top down, so I can try it on while I am knitting it and go a size bigger if I have to...

The pattern started with short rows which are kind of my nemesis, the only thing I never really manage to knit neatly. Fortunately most of it went surprisingly well, only the last wrapped stitch turned into a bit of a mess but I think it won't be that obvious. This is my first raglan sweater but I seem to do it properly so far.

Now I am looking forward to using the CC1 soon. Tart has been on my wishlist for quite a while. Only about another centimetre and then I can start with the stripes.


6 comments:

  1. gorgeous sweater pattern and I do love the colors. Once the new year starts I'll be making a sweater. For now I have to finish all the little projects I've got on the needles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need 7 little socks and my daughter and my ex husband ordered a scarf. I think I will just knit on my Ravello inbetween those projects...

      Delete
  2. ooh, I love that pattern, yours is going to be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that pattern really caught my eye right away (as did many others by that same designer...) I am enjoying knitting it so far and I hope I'll be able to take some photos of my progress soon, these last few days I haven't been home while it was still light outside...

      Delete
  3. I'm so interested to see your progress on this. Ravello is one of my all-time favorite knits. It's so comfortable and easy to wear. You have such a way with color, too, Corrine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really excited about this pattern! I've been looking at your Ravello quite often, to compare your photos from along the way. Right now, everything is really curly and messy but I think it will look good once it's done.

    ReplyDelete