Monday 3 November 2014

Finished Object: Feather and Fan Wrist Warmers

Pattern:  Handledsvärmare Påfågel by Åsa Argéus
Yarn: Madelinetosh DK
Colour: Tern
Needles: 4 mm DPS
Start of project: November 2, 2014
End of project: November 2, 2014

On Ravelry

It was a mitt - weekend for sure. Once the Lady Grey mitts were done I decided that I needed another pair of wrist warmers without thumbs or anything.

The Feather and Fan wrist warmers I knit in July have been worn many times but I always regretted that they were slightly too tight. So I took the other left over from my Paddle mitts and started a new pair. I cast on 36 stitches with 4.5 mm needles and then I continued with 4 mm needles. (The first pair had been knit all with 3.5 mm). I had an excellent time on the balcony, reading Orange is the New Black in the sunshine while they were growing.

I am happy with how they turned out, they are much loser and somehow also much longer (even though I did 13 pattern repeats again - must be the more intense blocking).

Now I only need to get rid of my mitt addiction ;-)

I will share this with Marisa's Auf den Nadeln im November even though the wrist warmers are already off the needles and on my arms ;-)

6 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about mitts for me, but it will have to wait until after my holiday knitting. Yours are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very selfish and am knitting mostly for myself. I love knitting for other people but right now nobody seems to be interested in a present from me ;-)

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous, I adore them! They look like something royalty would wear, so elegant. Perfect with madtosh too. Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are super comfortable and go with a lot of stuff. I wore the blue/green pair in the summer with t-shirts and it looked fine.

      Delete
  3. Love your new grey mitts! I love how you are developing a great fingerless mitts wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, they are quite addicitve and really great to wear right now. Thank you for your comment!

      Delete