Monday, 30 March 2015

Finished Object: Accelerating Stripes Fingerless Mitts

Pattern: based on Accelerating Stripes Gloves by Churchmouse Yarn and Tea
Yarn: Sun Valley Fibers 75/15/10
Colours: Stormy, Waterfall and Golden Harvest
Needles: 3mm and 3.5mm DPS
Start of project: March 27, 2015
End of project: March 29, 2015

On Ravelry

I did a little in between project, a pair of stripey fingerless mitts. I used part of my left over yarn from my Quicksilver.The mitts only needed about 40 grams of it.

I didn't actually buy the pattern, I decided I should be able to knit similar mitts by myself just by try and error. Most of the way that worked fine, it's really not that hard to knit mitts once you've done a few of them.

The first try turned out a bit too wide, especially around my wrists which are very thin. So I went back and started again with fewer stitches, decreased after the ribbing and picked up stitches again for my hands (you can check out my Ravelry page for the details). I was much more happy with that second try, so I repeated it exactly. Somehow I must have tried to compensate the tightness of the colour changes (I still don't manage to get that done neatly) and so the second one came out slightly bigger than the first one. I prefer the first size, but the difference is small and the mitts will probably change their shape with wearing anyway.

I guess I'll wear them on my bike today, because even though it's almost April, it's still not very warm around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment