Wednesday 11 March 2015

Finished Object: Rainbow Legwarmers

Pattern: Adapted Stulpen
Yarn: mostly Lang Yarns Merino +
Colours: Grey with coloured stripes
Needles: 4.5mm DPS
Start of project: February 27, 2015
End of project: March 11, 2015

On Ravelry

While I was waiting for the yarn I ordered for my next project I tried to use up some more of my stashed yarn. I still had quite a bit of the Merino + left over from different projects and I had this interesting pattern from our handicraft teacher, which I'd wanted to try just to see how it would turn out. It took me a while to figure out how to knit the different colours for the stripes to be wavey but in the end it wasn't terribly complicated.

4 rows of k4 p4 in grey
4 rows of purl only in colour
4 rows of p4 k4 in grey
4 rows of knit only in the same colour

The leg warmers weren't very interesting to knit and I have to admit that I am not totally conviced of them. They are ok but they are maybe a bit boring. But then again, they are here to warm my legs in winter and will probably be worn on the sofa, in bed or underneath my jeans, so who cares ;-)

I also found out that neither my son nor I should consider becoming a foot model, it's just not in our genes...

No comments:

Post a Comment