Sunday 1 March 2015

Finished Object: I heart Cardigan


Pattern: I heart Cardigan by Tanis Lavallee
Yarn: Tanis Fiber Art Green Label
Colour: Sand
Needles: 4.5mm and 5mm round needles
Start of project: January 31, 2015
End of project: February 26, 2015

On Ravelry

My second try of I heart Cardigan is done. As I wrote here, I wanted to knit this cardigan with Tanis' own yarn. I really like the yarn, it's soft but feels warm and strong. I didn't alternate for the body but then when I tried to knit two arms at the same time the two skeins were very different in colour and I tried again with alternating skeins. At first it was a bit confusing and I find it hard to get the change of yarn just right (not too lose and not too tight) but I am glad I did it. I am looking forward to knitting more with that yarn, I already ordered enough for two more projects and the yarn should arrive any day...


Reknitting this cardgian showed me how much progress I've made in the time between the two versions. I am much more confident with patterns and can read them quite easily. The necessary techniques which I found very scary the first time were totally doable. I even did a few notable modifications. The first time the shoulders were too wide for my frame, so this time I decreased more stitches on the body for the armholes. I also knit sleeves from a different pattern because I wanted them to be more fitted - I really don't like wobbly fabric around my arms. I am happy that I know enough about knitting now to adapt patterns to my liking.


I am very happy with the fit. It is fitted but not too tight and has just the perfect length for me. I like the colour which will go very well with jeans and the buttons I bought at Keck look lovely. I hope there will be a few more cold days to wear it before spring arrives (which I am also looking forward to ;-) When we took the photos it started to rain quite heavily so we had to hurry to get them done and get back inside...

4 comments:

  1. Die Jacke ist ja perfekt geworden - sie sitzt wirklich wie angegossen! Und deine Fotos find ich immer ganz toll, die Eile wegen des beginnenden Regens sieht man ihnen nicht an...
    Herzliche Grüsse,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank! Ich bin auch stolz auf die Jacke ;-) Das Kompliment für die Fotos gebe ich an meine Tochter weiter, die macht das richtig gut.

      Delete
  2. Yes it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete