Thursday 2 October 2014

Currently knitting: Estuary shawl

Pattern: Estuary by Tin Can Knits
Yarn: Madelinetosh Merino Light
Colour: Jade
Needles: 4mm Circular
Start of project: September 30, 2014

On Ravelry

This beautiful shawl has been on my wishlist for quite some time. I ordered the yarn a few weeks ago but somehow I needed to be done with all my other projects before I could think of starting it.

Two days ago I decided the time was right and I cast on the two necessary stitches. Fastest cast on ever.

But that's it with the easy knitting because, believe me, this pattern needs a lot of concentration. Every line is full of ssks, yarn overs and in between stitches that constantly change, so my progress is very very slow. Somehow that is perfect for now.

So on the first evening I knit 20 rows (10 pattern rows and 10 faster WS rows) and today I did another 20.

My shawl is really just a tiny little arrow right now (about twice as big as on the photo, that was after 20 rows) but already it looks very pretty.

The yarn is so delicate that it feels like knitting a spiderweb and it's quite mesmerising to see how the pattern develops. I will really try to take this very slowly and enjoy the meditative knitting.

I will share this with Auf den Nadeln im Oktober as well, because here I will hopefully be able to share some progress during the month of October.



No comments:

Post a Comment