Yarn: Madelinetosh Merino Light
Needles: 4mm Circular
Start of project: September 30, 2014
End of project: October 19, 2014
I did it - it's finished.
There were many times when I was close to giving up but once I'd reached the halfway point it kind of started rolling. I got more into the pattern, knew how to count the stitches and didn't get lost half as often. Then the decrease started and with every stitchmarker I could put away I got faster and more determined.
On Saturday I got in a knitting frenzy and knitted for more than 5 hours on it and then it was just the last pattern on Sunday to the finish line. The shawl didn't look like much unblocked but I knew it would change a lot.
I used two long improvised wires to block it and tonight it was dry enough to take it off the mat and try it on.
It's so incredibly light, it weighs almost nothing at all (I only used one skein of the yarn) but it's warm anyway. I am sure I will wear this a lot and it's just in time because tomorrow there is supposed to be a big temperature drop. Thanks to my great photographer girl Antonia I can show you what it looks like...