Tuesday 4 August 2015

Finished Object: From Vancouver Island With Love

Pattern: From Norway with love by Anna & Heidi Pickles
Yarn: Madelinetosh Pashina Worsted
Colours: Vintage Sari, Vintage Antler, Worn Denim
Needles: 3.75mm  and 4mm Round Needles
Start of project: July 29th, 2015
End of project: August 1st, 2015

On Ravelry

After I'd finished my Bradway shawl there was a lot of Vintage Sari and two smallish balls of Worn Denim and Vintage Antler left over. I knew I wanted to try and knit a hat and then I remembered a pattern I'd queued a while ago: From Norway With Love. This hat brings lots of love from our road trip around Vancouver Island, down the Sunshine Coast and from Vancouver itself.

I started the hat while waiting for the ferry between Saltery Bay and Earl's Cove, I continued knitting it every evening on the porch of our fantastic house in Madeira Park (Chateau Cedro Rosso). I knit again while waiting for the ferry between Langdale and Horseshoe Bay and I finished it in our B&B on W 13th St. in Vancouver.

I love how filled with memories every stitch of this hat is!



The photos where Antonia wears it were taken on Kitsilano Beach before the sunset and before the fire work started. We spent a great evening on the beach and the light was just amazing. The hat is still a bit tight, but I guess it will grow slightly with blocking. Nevertheless I think it has already found its true owner ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment